Despite just a few simple and effortless ingredients, this gin cocktail recipe has a lasting, memorable flavour. It combines two of my favourite aromas, zesty orange and the complex depth of rosemary – both distinctive and soothingly familiar.
A little prep will need to be done in advance, which involves making up rosemary simple syrup, but this takes 10 minutes and can be kept in the fridge for upto a week. Once that’s done, it can be whipped up in no time.
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 250g of sugar
- 250ml of water
1. Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil – stirring frequently until all the sugar has dissolved.
2. Remove from the heat and let the syrup cool for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the rosemary sprigs and your syrup is ready to use. Either pop it into a jar and store in the fridge or use straight in a cocktail!
Orange and Rosemary Gin Sparklers
Ingredients (makes 2 cocktails)
- 100ml of Orange flavoured gin (I always prefer Zymurgorium’s Marmalade gin for the gorgeous flavour)
- 50ml Rosemary simple syrup (recipe above)
- Tonic water to top
- Orange slices and rosemary sprigs to garnish
1. Pour the gin and rosemary simple syrup into a shaker, mix and pour into two chilled glasses
2. Top with chilled tonic water (approx 50ml per glass)
3. Garnish with a slice of orange and a sprig of rosemary (I roll mine in sugar for a more festive finish)
4. Serve up and enjoy a flurry of compliments!
Happy new year! x