A refreshing and tart cocktail that combines some truly festive flavours with a generous dose of champagne. Whilst the rosemary syrup requires a little early preparation, the cocktail itself is effortlessly easy and is sure to be a party favourite. Rosemary is one of my favourite flavours and can add such earthiness to the subtle zest of the grapefruit, it’s a little unexpected but always adored by guests.
- Pink grapefruit slices
- Edible gold dust
- 100ml grapefruit Juice
- 20ml rosemary syrup (see below)
- 100ml of your favourite champagne
For the rosemary syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- Place the rosemary, sugar and water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously until all the sugar has dissolved
- Leave to simmer on a medium heat for a further 2 minutes then to cool for about 30 minutes
- Remove the rosemary sprigs and sieve the syrup into a jar
For the cocktail
- Fill a cocktail shaker with the grapefruit juice and rosemary syrup and shake
- Pour it through a strainer into ice cold glasses.
- Top the glass with champagne and enjoy
For a festive touch
Spray a little edible gold dust over grapefruit slices for a truly magical touch!