When I think of the perfect dessert to enjoy with a loved one on Valentines Day, I envision something effortlessly simple, indulgent and delicious. Chocolate is the first thing that springs to mind, and with it this super easy chocolate mousse recipe.
It can be whipped up at the very last minute, requires minimal prep work (which means less clean up) and can be left to it’s own devices as it sets in the fridge. No crème brulee torches in sight!
Add some edible rose petals and Charbonnel Et Walker champagne truffles to make it even more romantic and you’ve got a dessert to impress.
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Edible rose petals
- Chocolate truffles
- 300g dark chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave being sure to stir it every 30 seconds until it has just melted.
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks
- Pour in the sugar and whisk again until stiff peaks form
- Quickly fold the egg the mixture into the chocolate until it is all combined
- Spoon into glasses and set in the fridge for an at least 30 minutes.
- Add the chocolate truffle and rose petals before serving